Monday, March 2, 2009

Celine Carroll Interview Part 2..


How would you define the word "success"?
Happiness, peace of mind..That about sums it up for me.
Are you looking for an independent label deal or a major label deal?
I'm looking for the best route forward in order to get my music out to the world!!
Do you have a demo or press kit, or any promotional materials?
Yep, EPK..It's all on Sonicbids and also on my myspace page. I've also a show on You Tube called CELINE CARROLL '2 NEW SONGS IN A DIFFERENT SHIRT', where I showcase my songs. The songs change on each show as well as the shirts!!
What live performance experience have you had?
With various bands and as a solo artist I guessed I've played in every phone box in this country!! I've played a couple of shows in Chicago. And I've played some shows in Nasville...the Bluebird Cafe, to name one...all us songwriters out there know about that place!!
Currently with the band, we've been playing alot around Ireland.

How do you rate your live performance ability?
I do feel that I connect with my audience. I feel it onstage and the feedback from them is alway encouraging. I love performing. So that's the battle won. Whether I'm playing solo or with the band, the vibe is always there. 'When people pay good money to see you, you better be on form'..That's the way I approach every show that I do. You owe it to them. And most times...they come back to see you again.
Have you recorded any previous CDs?
Yep..Three albums..'Catch You As You Fall', 'Itch' and at the moment, I'm hoping to release my latest album..'Such A Beautiful Light' soon.

What are your 3 favourite songs and why?
Living, breathing and sleeping music, that's a tough one. But I would say, in no particular order, purely depending on my mood....
1. 'Maybe I'm amazed' by Paul McCartney, for his sheer raw vocal delivery and his passionate lyric..Ya see, the human condition.
2.' The Look Of Love' by Bacharach and David. It has to be Dusty Springfield's version. This seductive lyric and her intimate vocal on this record just blows me away everytime I hear it. It sends me to that special place, if ya know what I mean..Once again..the human condition.
3. It has to be 'The Candyman' by Anthony Newley and Leslie Bricusse, performed by Sammy Davies Jnr. I dare anyone to listen to this song and not break out in a smile!! This song has everything going for it. Pure poetry, beautiful imagery, humour, passion, wonderful production and that 'inner child' quality.. After all, I think we're all kids at heart..The only way to survive, especially us songwriters. Yet again, the Human Condition..I rest my case!!
Have you had any previous print or broadcast media exposure or reviews?
Yep, I've been written about..I get airplay every once in a while..when Westlife are in the recording studio. It's all in the blog.. on myspace and on http://www.celinecarroll.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment